East Europe Foundation is looking for a Model Committee Program Manager (full-time position) for USAID RADA Program, which aims to promote a representative, accountable and independent parliament – the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. For more information about the USAID RADA Program, please visit: http://radaprogram.org.
Model District Committee Manager’s duties:
- Design and General management of «Model Committee» program;
- Preparation in cooperation with the main Organizational department of the Verkhovna Rada Secretariat of Ukraine methodological recommendations and manuals on: horizontal interaction with the government in the legislative process and policy making; increasing the capacity of the secretariats of the Verkhovna Rada Committees; preparation and holding of the committee meetings, committee and parliamentary hearings and public consultations; work with stakeholders’ databases of profile committees of the parliament; ensuring the control powers of parliamentary committees; introduction of tools and practices of post-legislative monitoring of law-enforcement;
- Support, together with the main Organizational Department of the Secretariat of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, implementation of methodological recommendations on the basis of the Committees of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine which participating in the Model Committee program;
- Organization of expert work on improving the Law of Ukraine “On the Committees of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine”;
- Support, together with international and national experts, the development of methodologies and training programs for the oversight of parliamentary committees;
- Preparation of narratives, reports and collection of monitoring data.
- Master/PhD degree in a relevant field;
- Previous experience of working with the Verkhovna Rada and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
- Proven analytical experience;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Prior experience of organizing events and logistics;
- Knowledge of political issues preferred;
- Knowledge of the parliamentary committees’ work;
- Detail-oriented and highly organized;
- Collaborative, team-oriented individual;
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills in Ukrainian and English: reading, writing and speaking;
- Comfortable with virtual communication – through email, Skype, social networks, and the Internet;
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), additional experience with database or websites.
Date of starting work: September 2020.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Model Committee Program Manager in subject line of an email. Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.
Deadline for submission: July 29, 2020.