East Europe Foundation is looking for a Legal Expert (full-time position) for USAID RADA Program, which aims to promote a representative, accountable and independent parliament – the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. For more information about the USAID RADA Program, please visit: http://radaprogram.org.
Legal expert’s duties:
- Draft and comment on policy documents on parliamentary procedure, work of committees and electronic parliament.
- Provide research, analysis, advice on parliamentary issues.
- Be USAID RADA’s liaison at the Verkhovna Rada and be able to present USAID RADA’s position within parliamentary circles.
- Provide advice to the Chief of Party on any issue related to parliamentary procedures.
- Maintain strong relationships with Ukrainian and international stakeholders from civil society and government.
- Be an expert trainer for trainings that are part of the USAID RADA Program components.
- Represent USAID RADA Program at various public forums in and outside of Ukraine, including international events, working groups and roundtable events, as well as in discussions with the civil society partners, and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the collection of monitoring and evaluation data.
- Perform other tasks upon request by the Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- Previous experience of working with the Verkhovna Rada and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
- Proven analytical experience;
- Training experience;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Knowledge of political issues;
- Knowledge of the parliamentary committees’ work;
- Detail-oriented and highly organized;
- Collaborative, team-oriented individual;
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills in Ukrainian and English: reading, writing and speaking;
- Comfortable with virtual communication – through email, Skype, social networks, and the Internet;
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and Power point), additional experience with database or websites.
Date of starting work: September 2020.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Legal Expert in subject line of an email. Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.
Deadline for submission: July 31, 2020.